Friday, November 18, 2011

Organix Ever Straight Brazilian Kerantin Therapy

This time I want to tell you guys about this new hair products I tried & how I feel about them. Well to start with, the reason I gave these products a try is because I have really wavy and frizzy hair! I had researched ways to make my hair more manageable and found many different anti-frizz products. Then while randomly searching, I came across the word Brazilian hair blowout. It is a service that many hair salons provide to girls with hair like mine to make it less frizzy and to make some of the waves more straight. They use a keratin product that fuzzes with your hair cuticle using the heat of a hair straighter. What they do is wash your hair with a sulfate & sodium free shampoo and they do not condition it in order for the keratin to stay on your hair. Then they'll apply the keratin solution to your hair and let it sit about 30 minutes. After that time, they will blow dry your hair so it is complete dry and straighten your hair. They will hold about two inches of your hair and straighten it 5-7 times so the keratin really stays on your hair. This will take about 3-5 hours or more depending on how much hair you have & the way they do the Brazilian hair blowout process, remember each stylist works differently. The aftercare of this service is that you must not wash your hair for two days and you must maintain your hair as straight as possible; try not to put it behind your ear or put it in a ponytail. The cost of the Brazilian blowout ranges from $300-$700 sometimes more or less because of factors such as how much hair you have, what type of products they use (quality), the area you're from, believe it or not, it does make a difference where you live, and they hours they take to do this service. Another reason why it is so expensive is that they will recommend you buy a sulfate & sodium free shampoo and conditioner to keep they keratin solution longer in your hair, this prevents it from washing away too quickly.

 This is something that I've been wanting to do for a while now but the price hasn't fit on my budget yet... so I decided to put it on hold as of now. I was shopping at Rite Aid and while looking at some anti-frizz products to try, I saw the Organix hair product line and noticed that they have the Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Therapy product line. This line includes their sulfate & sodium free shampoo and conditioner, the 30-day smoothing treatment, a flat iron spray, and the anti-breakage serum. I did not buy the 30-day treatment because they only had at the store the 14-day treatment and I also did not buy the flat iron spray & the anti-breakage serum because they were sold out :( I have to say that after buying it, I read tons and tons of reviews on it, good and bad ones, and so I decided to try it for myself! The process for applying this product is similar to the one I described above but the cost of the three products in the picture was about $27 including tax. It took me about two hours to complete the whole process and right after finishing the process, my hair looked much shinier, healthy, and really soft! The instructions do say to not over apply the product because since you don't have to wash your hair for 48 hours, it will get greasy. I guess I did my job right because for those two days my hair seemed to be fine. You have to keep in mind that because this is an affordable product it is not as high quality as the ones used at hair salons, which cost a lot more but it does work for your hair if it is something that you might want to try. Also keep in mind that this is not going to make your hair perfectly straight, it will only reduce frizz, it will make some of your waves more manageable, and it will also make it easier to straighten your hair by reducing the time it takes. It would normally take me about about 40 minutes to get my hair completely straight before trying this product and now it only take me to about 15-20 minutes! The only down side to the keratin treatment is that I noticed the ends of my hair turned a lighter color than my natural hair color. I have really, really black hair color, it is the darkest black you can think of. Well, that is before I died it chocolate, reddish, brown(: So after I applied the keratin treatment, my hair ends were a light brown color, I'm not sure why this happened but my guess is that it burned the ends because I had to straighten my hair at 450 degrees in order for the product to stay on my hair. The product line does say it is color safe, you know in case your hair is colored, but since I changed my natural hair color, I would think twice before trying it again. Like I said, this is my personal experience, I did like the products and the results have lasted for more than 14 days. I'm not sure if I would use the keratin treatment again, if I do, I will keep you guys posted, but I do love the shampoo and conditioner. They both smell like coconut and they just leave my hair looking so shiny and so soft.

Don't forget to keep checking out my blog for new posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment